Monday, February 25, 2013

Muscle-friendly Chicken Cutlets

As a personal trainer and wellness coordinator, I am constantly on the go and always in need of a quality meal to fuel my body and keep me strong.  Lately I've been playing around with a bunch of different ways of preparing chicken that's both healthy and convenient.  Here's my favorite recipe that I've been using a lot lately, and the best part is that it only requires 5 ingredients and less than a half hour to make!

I start by rinsing off 2 large chicken breasts, and then I slice them in half, parallel to the cutting board so that I wind up with 4 cutlets, each about a 1/2 inch thick.  I then preheat my oven to 350 degrees.  Next, I take a medium sheet pan and cover it with aluminum foil.  I take extra virgin olive oil and lightly coat the foil using a brush (you don't need much).  I then lay the cutlets on the pan and lightly brush them with extra virgin olive oil as well.  I take Adobo seasoning, onion powder and seasoned bread crumb (use whatever style you like) and lightly dust the cutlets with each of these 3 ingredients in the same order as I have just listed them.













The oven should be ready now for the seasoned cutlets.  Put the pan in the oven and set your timer for 20 minutes.  Start preparing whatever side dishes you would like to have with the cutlets (rice/potatoes/vegetable/etc.)  After 20 minutes, rotate the pan a half-turn, and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes.  Remove the cutlets from the oven, and finish cooking your side dishes.  Now comes the best part....EATING!



Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment