Sunday, April 21, 2013

Venison & Herb Meatballs

If you ever get the chance to add some venison to your diet, I would encourage you to do so.  This high quality animal protein contains less fat than most other red meats, and can be substituted for beef in almost any recipe.  Personally I love venison, and consider myself to be fortunate whenever I get the chance to eat it.


I recently acquired a hefty amount of venison from a friend of mine who hunts, and I've been messing around with a number of recipes with all the different cuts he gave to me.  Here's my recipe for Venison & Herb Meatballs:



You will need:
-1 lb of ground venison
-1 egg
-1/2 cup of breadcrumb (I used Parmesan style)
-1 handful of mixed fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary, thyme)
-sprinkle of Adobo seasoning, salt and pepper
-1 tablespoon of coconut oil


Start by mixing the venison, egg and breadcrumb in a large bowl with your hands.  Add the chopped herbs and seasonings, and continue to mix.

Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add the tablespoon of coconut oil.  Once the oil is fully melted, take small 1/4 handfuls of the venison mixture, form into balls and add to the skillet.  Allow the meatballs to cook for roughly 4 minutes on each side (top and bottom), until they are browned.  Now, either add the meatballs to your favorite pot of sauce/gravy and allow them to simmer for an additional 20 minutes, or put them on a sheet pan and cook them in the oven for an additional 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Serve with sauce/gravy & pasta and ENJOY!


Like tuna?  Try this recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment