- preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- melt butter and mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- in a separate bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients
- add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until it's fully mixed
- grease a medium glass casserole dish with nonstick spray or some nonstick alternative
- add oatmeal mixture to the casserole dish, and spread evenly
- put in oven for roughly 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned
- remove from oven and let rest for 10 minute (NO LESS!)
- cut into even bars, and ENJOY!
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Oatmeal Raisin Protein Bars
Although there are many protein bars on the market, the majority of them are loaded with sugar, artificial sweeteners, dyes and preservatives. Also, the average store-bought bar will run you somewhere around $3.00 a pop.
Here's a simple, cost-efficient recipe for some awesome oatmeal raisin protein bars, loaded with whey protein, fiber, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats.
What you will need:
-3 cups of oats
-4 scoops of VANILLA protein powder - I use whey
-1/4 cup raw almonds
-1/4 cup raisins
-1/4 cup butter
-1&1/4 cup of water
-1/4 cup of maple syrup
-1/4 cup of honey
What you will do: