Friday, March 8, 2013

Muscle-friendly Pot Roast

In my opinion, there is nothing better than coming home to a hot meal that's been cooking in the crock-pot all day.  You can make so many different meals using this awesome appliance, and most of them require only a little effort and some patience.

My favorite meal to make in the crock-pot is what my wife and I call the "Muscle-friendly Pot Roast".  I know, I know..I just started salivating as well...

Not a fan of beef? CLICK HERE to try my Muscle-friendly Chicken Cutlet recipe!!!

Here's how we make this awesomely-simple meal:

You start with a 3 lb top round roast.  This cut is cheaper, and usually leaner than the more expensive roasts.  Fortunately for me, I am both cheap and always looking for lean meals, so this cut works perfect for me.  Put the top round in the crock, and then get ready to rinse and chop some vegetables.






Next you will need 3 medium potatoes of your choice (I choose russet - cheap).  Rinse and chop the potatoes into roughly 1 x 1 inch chunks and add to the crock.






Now, take 4 large carrots and 4 celery stalks, rinse them and cut into 1 inch chunks as well (discarding the end pieces of both vegetables.  Add to the crock, and appreciate the work of art you have just created, just for a second.






Next comes the seasoning;  Some people simply use a packet of Onion Soup Mix and add it to the mixture, but we like to get creative.  We take 4 cloves of garlic (crushed), 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1 teaspoon of Adobe Seasoning, and 1 teaspoon of chipoltle rub.  Dust the entire crock mixture with all of these ingredients, and then add about 2.5 cups of water to the crock.

Your work is done here.  Set the crock to "Low", and allow it to do its magic for about 8-10 hours.  I would advise assembling this amazing meal first thing in the morning, and then allow it to cook all day while you are at work.  This way, when you return home, dinner is taken care of.  You will love it, and your muscles will thank you.
                                  

ENJOY!!!

+Wesley Claytor

No comments:

Post a Comment