Thursday, March 21, 2013

Stop Doubting, Start Dreaming!

What is your dream?  What do you feel compelled to do?

Is there something that you want to do that you keep internalized for fear of being judged, or worse -- fear of failing?  

Well, what if failing wasn't a realistic outcome?  Sure, it is.  But what if it wasn't?

Would you try?

Furthermore, what if you accepted that failing was the fastest way to learn how to succeed?  It is.

You see, I'm really excited about this new-found courage I've developed over the past couple months.  I was often afraid to chase my dreams for fear of what other people conditioned me to believe, or for the outcome of failure.



The instant I decided that I didn't care what other people thought, and the instant I decided I was not afraid of failure, things changed.  I now realize that failure is risk I am willing to take because it is simply a risk of trying to chase my dream.  It is not a definite outcome.  But not trying at all is a definite failure, in my mind.  Is it not?

You don't know unless you give it a shot, right?  And if you fail, then you've just successfully eliminated one method that will not work.  Time to get back to the drawing board and try a new method.  See, there's a success in that failure.  You've accomplished something rather than nothing.

And who really cares what other people think?  Most people are too conditioned by the beliefs of what other people have told them to be true, or what structure they believe they need to follow to live a "successful" life.  Well success is subjective, and what one person measures as being successful may be --and should be-- completely different from another person's measure.

Don't let other people tell you how to live your life, and don't allow your dreams to be squashed by the weak, inactive and small-minded people that feed your brain with their bullshit.  

Think big, or think small, or think however you want.  The point is, THINK FOR YOURSELF!  Do things the way you want to do them, because life is far to short to live for the acceptance of others.  


Do one thing differently today.  Change one thing about the way you've been routinely doing things that will get you one step closer to where you intuitively feel you should be.

Trust in yourself, be courageous, step outside of the mold, and LIVE YOUR LIFE!

Friends, please don't let life pass you by living the way you "ought to".  If you have a dream, chase it!


STOP DOUBTING, START DREAMING!




+Wesley Claytor



No comments:

Post a Comment